Wiki New procedure I haven't seen

lcole7465

Expert
Best answers
OK, so my pain doc performed the following procedure. I believe it should be coded: 61070, 75809-26 (this was performed in an ASC). The doctor is only coding: 61070.

The area overlying the intrathecal pump was identified using fluoroscopy in the AP view. This was then followed by prepping and draping the skin in a sterile fashion using chlorhexidine and then placement of the template overlying the pump. The catheter access port was accessed using the kit provided by Manufacturer. Clear cerebrospinal fluid was then aspirated from the intrathecal catheter confirming that the catheter was patent. Approximately 3mL was siphoned off. This was then followed by injection of 2 mL of 300 mg/mL radiopaque contrast dye with spread of the contrast being visualized under live fluoroscopy to go through the catheter and throughout the entire length of the catheter, which was visualized to be within the intrathecal space and completely patent without any evidence of disconnections, kinking or granuloma formation; confirming that the entire system was functioning appropriately. This was flushed by 3 mL of preservative-free normal saline. The pump was reprogrammed to bolus the medication over a period of 12 minutes.

any input would be greatly appreciated.