Wiki New Provider

Best answers
We are possibly going to be taking on a new, part time provider.

I assume he will be working under the group tax id number. What do I need to do to make sure he can accept all of the insurances we accept? Is there a list of steps I should take in case we decide to bring him on?

What if we accept UHC and he already is par with UHC....do I still need to get him contracted with our office locations?

I'm not for sure where to start or how to plan. Thank you for any help you all can provide!

First you need to update his information at CAQH then you have to call or on the web request a new participating contract to add a doctor under the group.is not automatically.

In Louisiana {and perhaps all states} we have a standardized credentialing application which can be obtained from our state department of insurance. It has been my experience that payors will accept this is lieu of their own application making it much easier to only have to complete one. Be very diligent in providing everything requested to accompany the application as many payors will return the whole thing if anything is missing.
If the provider is already PAR for a payor, you may just be able to notify them with the new practice information. A good payor rep should be able to guide you through this process.