Wiki New to ASC Coding

bella2

Guru
Best answers
Hi,
I'm hoping that someone would be willing to assist me with a few questions regarding ASC coding. I've been a hospital outpatient surgery Coder for the last several years, but will be adding an
Ambulatory Surgery Center to my workload in September. My questions are regarding adding supplies, like screws, for orthopedic surgeries as well as drugs charges, not sure if we add those to,
as well as HCPCS for spinal cord stimulators and bladder stimulators, would really appreciate any assistance I can get on this, or if there is a list that I can get to so I know if we can add a supply with a CPT code
or if it is packaged in ? I searched online but really didn't come up with any webinars regarding coding for ASC's.
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance, my personal email is bobcatpurr@msn.com, if you may have any information to share that would be great.
Thanks again,
Sandra

Hi,
I'm hoping that someone would be willing to assist me with a few questions regarding ASC coding. I've been a hospital outpatient surgery Coder for the last several years, but will be adding an
Ambulatory Surgery Center to my workload in September. My questions are regarding adding supplies, like screws, for orthopedic surgeries as well as drugs charges, not sure if we add those to,
as well as HCPCS for spinal cord stimulators and bladder stimulators, would really appreciate any assistance I can get on this, or if there is a list that I can get to so I know if we can add a supply with a CPT code
or if it is packaged in ? I searched online but really didn't come up with any webinars regarding coding for ASC's.
Thanks in advance for any and all assistance, my personal email is bobcatpurr@msn.com, if you may have any information to share that would be great.
Thanks again,
Sandra
Hi Sandra, Did you receive billing guidance related to ASC billing? I'm still trying to find a clear process of how ASC's are reimbursed by Medi-Cal Managed Care Plans. Let me know if you have any resources since I am on the health insurance side, not the provider side.

Thanks!

Hi Sandra, Did you receive billing guidance related to ASC billing? I'm still trying to find a clear process of how ASC's are reimbursed by Medi-Cal Managed Care Plans. Let me know if you have any resources since I am on the health insurance side, not the provider side.

Thanks!
Here is the link to Medi-Cal Provider Manuals https://files.medi-cal.ca.gov/pubsdoco/manuals_menu.aspx
and
Medi-Cal Surgery Billing guidelines https://files.medi-cal.ca.gov/pubsdoco/publications/masters-mtp/part2/surgbillub.pdf

I hope these links can help. :)