Wiki New to behavioral health billing

staticsis2

Best answers
Can someone please assist me as I am new to billing the following and need some input.

What codes do I bill for Assessment of patient for physco therapy for possible insertion of implantation of pain management tnz unit?

Also, what are the codes used for physoc therapy ?

thank you,

Can someone please assist me as I am new to billing the following and need some input.

What codes do I bill for Assessment of patient for physco therapy for possible insertion of implantation of pain management tnz unit?

Also, what are the codes used for physoc therapy ?

thank you,

If the encounter was an assessment of the patient for psych clearance for the pain management treatment, I am not sure about psychotherapy. Psychotherapy is a specific type of therapy such as behavior modification, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), insight-oriented, supportive, etc.). Was it just to assess the patient to see if they are mentally/psychiatrically stable enough to handle this pain management treatment option?

If your provider documented psychotherapy, then you would use the 9083x series of codes as add-ons to your E/M service and these are time-based, so you will need to have documentation of exactly how much time was spent on actual psychotherapy.

Per CPT: 16-37 minutes, 38-52 minutes and 53 minutes or more. Refer to your CPT book (I am using AMA CPT 2013 Professional Edition, so page 485) for further detailed information.

Best of luck to you! We are all in this together, so hope this helps you! :)

Thank you for your help and I understand that. I am learning new fields.. so help is so appreciated. Team work. lol