Wiki New to GYN Oncology Surgery

Best answers
My Oncology practice recently added GYN surgeries. I am new to this and am looking for any good resources to help navigate the coding process

My most recommended resource would be SGO (Society of Gynecologic Oncology). They have several resources on their website to assist with coding.
FYI - sometimes you can find older Q&A from SGO. Just remember to make sure there haven't been coding changes since. One example is until this year, bilateral ovarian cancer was coded C56.1 AND C56.2. For 2022, C56.3 was created.

ACOG is also a good resource. If your physicians are ACOG members, you can ask questions for free (3 per month). You should also register so you can review other's questions and coding resources.
https://www.acog.org/practice-management/coding/ask-a-coding-question

You will find you are generally coding the same CPTs again and again and every once in a while, something very unusual will come along. So like 95% of the time, I am coding just off the top of my head, and 5% of the time, need to do 30 minutes of investigation. I have found that having a good rapport with the physicians directly has been invaluable.

Good luck!