Wiki new to Gynecology coding

qmbturner

Best answers
Can anyone help me, Im just starting a new job and haven't coded gynecology codes yet? I've looked on the website and online for seminars, training, etc. Anyone know of a place I could get an overview of the coding for this specialty! thank u!

Ask your physician if he/she is a member of ACOG (American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology). They can login to the ACOG website and there's some good information and forums there. With their login & password you can access the website. I have been coding OB/Gyn for many years so please feel free to contact me with any questions. I'll be happy to help you.

Go to Ingenix and order OB/GYN "A Comprehensive illustrated guide to coding and reimbursement". It describes procedures and shows covered diagnoses. Also tells you the global period on procedures. Money well spent.

There are some great publications from ACOG as well. I love the "Frequently Asked Questions" and the "Essential Guide to Coding in OB and GYN" They have proved to be my go to for alot of my questions.