Wiki New to OB coding.

Kisselml

Best answers
So I was kind of thrown into OB coding. I took the OB Webinar, but still have questions, and no one else in the office really codes OB. Here's the scenario and questions.

OB provides complete antepartum care, this includes the hospital admission?

OB provider only assists for c-section delivery

OB provides rounds, discharge and postpartum care. Are the rounds prior to discharge included in the postpartum care? And discharge is separate hospital code?

59514-80

Patient admitted for placenta abruption 37 weeks so dx would O45.93, Z3A.37, Z37.0 is that for all procedure codes?

New to OB Coding Response

I am going to go by just what I see here.

So I was kind of thrown into OB coding. I took the OB Webinar, but still have questions, and no one else in the office really codes OB. Here's the scenario and questions.

OB provides complete antepartum care, this includes the hospital admission? NO, the admitting provider with modifier AI-does this

OB provider only assists for c-section delivery-look at procedure note for OB involvement specifically and apply modifier

OB provides rounds, discharge and postpartum care. Are the rounds prior to discharge included in the postpartum care? And discharge is separate hospital code? Rounds are coded with outpatient; postpartum care, outpatient. Discharge would be inpatient side discharge codes

59514-80

Patient admitted for placenta abruption 37 weeks so dx would O45.93, Z3A.37, Z37.0 is that for all procedure codes? Based on what I see here can’t advise w/out looking at MR.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: