Wiki New to radiology coding.

Scottkuntz1

Contributor
Best answers
I am not sure if using CPT code 79101 is the correct code or not? Thanks for any help that can be given.

74 y/o M with metastatic, castrate resistant prostate cancer on protocol 2016-120

using Xofigo with atezolzumab. Randomized to arm B (staggered dosing: 28-day radium-223

dichloride run-in): radium-223 dichloride

began on Day 1 of Cycle 1, and atezolizumab will begin on Day 1 of Cycle 2 (n =

10)

TECHNIQUE:

After explaining risks and benefits of Radium-223 dichloride (Xofigo) therapy for

painful bone metastatic disease to the patient, including radiation safety precautions,

and obtaining written and oral consent, the patient was administered 101.9 microCuries

of Ra-223 dichloride intravenously.

FINDINGS:

There were no apparent complications. The patient was instructed to follow up with

a repeat CBC with differential on 1/11/18 and has an apt for his next administration

on 1/17/2018 at 11:30 am

IMPRESSION:

101.9 microCuries of Ra-223 dichloride was administered for therapy of painful

bone metastases.

interested in gaining knowledge in this field

Hello I saw you thread post state you were new to this so wanted to ask how did you get started in interventional radiology? I have been coding 3 1/2 yrs ED, E/M, and CPT so looking into advancing my career by becoming CIRCC, but was wondering how do I even start to learn what it all entails. Seems very complicated.