Wiki Newly certified CPC-A looking for a remote coding job

Best answers
Hello:

My name is Tyrah Jerideau and I am a CPC-A looking to get some experience in an entry level coding or billing position. Also, I would appreciate some feedback as to how to make my resume stand out and how to land the perfect job. I have applied for over a dozen jobs and I have not gotten a phone call yet. Will someone out there please help me? Please email me at missy_4509@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Tyrah Jerideau

Hello:

My name is Tyrah Jerideau and I am a CPC-A looking to get some experience in an entry level coding or billing position. Also, I would appreciate some feedback as to how to make my resume stand out and how to land the perfect job. I have applied for over a dozen jobs and I have not gotten a phone call yet. Will someone out there please help me? Please email me at missy_4509@yahoo.com

Sincerely,

Tyrah Jerideau

Hi Tyrah,

Honestly I think you are going to have a very hard time finding a remote position right away. Many employers want 3-5 years experience, usually within a certain specialty. I have close to 10 years experience (5 in anesthesia) and it took me close to 2 years to finally get a remote position. The rest of the time I was working in a billing office, after having started out as a medical receptionist and working my way up. I would suggest working on getting your A removed from your CPC, and applying not only for billing and coding jobs, but anything within a medical office or setting. Oftentimes these companies hire from within first, so even if you are working in medical records, it could be that's what it will take to get your foot in the door and be considered for that billing position when it opens up. Good luck-I do wish you the best!

first job

Attend your chapter meetings. If our company is hiring- they allow us to announce it at the meeting before it is posted to Indeed or Craig's list. And being seen regularly at chapter meetings may be a deciding factor if it ever came down to 2 equal candidates and I knew one attended regularly.