Wiki Newly Credentialed CCA/CPC-A Seeking FT Employment in NW Suburbs of Chicago

JPlomin

New
Best answers
I just recently graduated from the Career Step Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing Program, passed both the CCA and CPC-A tests and am now seeking full-time employment in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I am very motivated and eager to start this new career. I am detail oriented and value the importance of accuracy, efficiency and confidentiality. I work well independently as well as with others. I also have exceptional organizational and communication skills. My contact information is listed below along with a copied resume. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

JEAN M. PLOMIN, CCA, CPC-A
Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
(847) 827-0985
JPlominCSRPR@yahoo.com

OBJECTIVE
Seeking a position where I can utilize my coding skills and background in medical terminology to accurately abstract and validate ICD-9-CM and CPT codes, maintain patient records and assist a facility overall in their documentation and reimbursement process.

SKILLS

* ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II
* Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology
* Medical Terminology
* Training in inpatient and outpatient coding
* Knowledge of HIPAA, patient confidentiality and healthcare reimbursement
* Familiarity with 3M encoder
* Exceptional organizational and communication skills

CERTIFICATION
American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), Member
Certified Coding Associate, January 2014
American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC), Member
Certified Professional Coder-Apprentice, February 2014

EDUCATION
Career Step (Provo, UT) February 2014-present
ICD-10 Fast Track Coding Training Program
* Detailed coursework in ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS (140 hours) and hands-on ICD-10 code set training.
* Familiarity with the AHA ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Coding Handbook.
* Extensive training in advanced anatomy, advanced pathophysiology and physiology.

Career Step (Provo, UT) May 2013-December 2013
Certificate of Graduation with Honors
Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding and Billing Program (AHIMA-approved)
* Coursework included medical terminology, anatomy and pathophysiology, pharmacology, healthcare reimbursement, and a detailed study of ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS.
* Experience coding over 250 outpatient reports and 75 authentic inpatient records in a variety of medical specialties (OB/GYN, internal medicine, dermatology, radiology, surgery, orthopedics, gastroenterology, family/general practice, oncology, ENT, cardiology, pulmonology, emergency department, neurology, etc.) and all types of medical reports (progress notes, operative notes, emergency room reports, consultations, laboratory reports, physician orders, etc. ).

Triton College (River Grove, IL) August 1989-December 1992
Associate in Applied Science, High Honors
Court and Convention Reporting
* Coursework included medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, general business and machine shorthand.
* Received Outstanding Graduate Award from the Administrative Support Programs Department.

EXPERIENCE
Sullivan Reporting Company (Chicago, IL) February 1993-May 2013
Court Reporter
* Reported legal proceedings and produced verbatim transcripts in a variety of settings including medical malpractice, personal injury as well as contract work with the Illinois Commerce Commission.
* Required the ability to work independently as well as on a team with keen attention to detail and exceptional organizational and communication skills.