Question Next steps to pursue coding?

theresac.des

Best answers
I have had my CPC for almost 7 years but I've only worked as a coder for 6 months in that time. For the past 4 years I've been a remote biller/coder with little to no coding. I very much would like to get out of the billing side of things and into coding but it seems practically impossible with the amount of coding experience that I have. I am looking for recommendations in regards to perhaps what I should do next. I'm moving to Spokane in a couple of months so I'm also looking in that area for possible positions.
Go for another certification? in that case which one? In the coding world and your experience what are they looking for the most? Risk adjustment or a coding specialty? I'm sharp and a fast learner so I don't mind which direction I go in, I just want to move forward and find something with a ladder to climb.
And are there programs or something that can give more "work experience" in order to boost what I know and what I can offer?

Thank you so much!

Hi,

Why don't you start looking for remote coding work. What is stopping you to grab one???

Thank you,
Rajinder Singh Dhammi, CPC, CPB

I am sorry to say this but how can you get a remote position for coding if you don't have at least 2 years of experience? Most companies look for experience even though sometimes the candidates are really skillful. They just can't get the chance to prove themselves.

I am sorry to say this but how can you get a remote position for coding if you don't have at least 2 years of experience? Most companies look for experience even though sometimes the candidates are really skillful. They just can't get the chance to prove themselves.
Exactly that is the problem. No one seems willing to hire anyone with less experience so how on earth are we supposed to gain experience?