Wiki Non certified coder/student looking for a coding position within the US

Best answers
Hello I am an AAPC student taking the CPC Course starting in Sept 15, 2022 looking for a coding position within the US . I am not certified but I have been exposed to medical coding for 10 years from self training and watching YouTube channels and going to school online through Ultimate Medical Academy course for medical billing and coding. I have not found a job since 2012 because I haven’t found the right person to hire me or give me the experience I needed to puts my hands on. Since then, I have been working at the hospital as a medical records clerk , unit assistant as well as working in doctor offices as a medical receptionist to get my foot in the door for a medical and healthcare background. I also work for a pathology and laboratory company in the Billing department as charge entry representative at the present moment but no coding. If anyone interested to talking to me or guiding me in the right path to find a good coding job feel free to contact me . Serious people only. I am a mother of 1 and I am doing my best I can to support us both. Thank you

Attachments

• Jalessa-Inman medical billing .pdf
    72.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hi, unfortunately without certification there is not much chance of getting hired. I worked as a patient access rep at a hopsital while I did my coding education and got certified. Then I was able to transfer to a coding position within the organization.

Agree with Cmama12 - you absolutely have to get certified and, while it doesn't guarantee a job, it does increase your chances dramatically. Yes, it costs $s but there really is no other way forward without that CPC or COC certification.
Good luck.