Wiki Non-coding jobs with a COC cert?

Best answers
Hello!

I am seeking help in trying to figure out which jobs or career paths, if any, that I could pursue which would be relevant to my COC certification. I love coding and my current job is great, but I feel like the only way I’ll ever be able to afford a home is to increase my salary quickly. I have 2 years of coding experience and have gotten decent salary bumps, but nothing to keep up with the housing market.

I’m tired of feeling like worthless garbage and am looking for any other avenues through which I could utilize my coding certification and be able to make enough to afford a house because it’s abundantly clear that the market will never cool and interest rates will never go down. I’m kind of desperate because I feel like a failure and it’s affecting my mental health, so I’d appreciate any sort of help anyone could offer.

Hello,
Here is my two cents. First, you need to create a budget. List out all of you fixed expenses (rent, light, water, gas, credit card payments, monthly subscriptions, daycare if you have that,etc) then list out variables (food, gas, etc). Once you have them all listed with the name, day of payment, payment amount and balance due you will take a good look and see what you can cut out or reduce. Set a food, gas, entertainment and wants budget and stick to it. For example for my family of 6 I have a $150/week budget for food and I stick to it so I dont go over and am able to save and set money aside. Once you have your finances in order and have a budget see how much money you have left over after your paycheck and start to set money aside. Set a goal as to how much you want to save for a home.When you do this you will see your numbers in clear and see how much more you need to make to afford a home. You will also see if you need to cut back on certain things to be able to accomplish your goal. This will allow you to see how much money you need to make to be able to afford the life you want. Look for jobs out of your state where the pay is higher and they allow remote work. Hope this helps, good luck.