Wiki Non global package

TYSON1234

Guru
Best answers
We had a patient (she has Molina insurance) seen on 7/15, 8/15, 9/8 and 9/22 and then 4 more times in October. How are we suppose to bill for dates of service before October 1st?? Do we bill as a low office visit. Insurance companies want ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes on different claims. I don't think I should bill 2 ob visit packages because she would qualify for the number of visits. I called the insurance co and they told me that they can't give advice on how to bill. If you call any other insurance co, they will tell you how to bill for non global. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

If this is 8 antepartum visits you would use 59426 and the date of service should be the last date of service the patient was seen. Since that is October you would use ICD-10. You wouldn't split the claim nor use a date span for this code whether is 2015 or 2016 DOS. CPT reporting has not changed. If say you only had 3 visits and If payer wants 3 visits to be billed using E&M, you would then split the claim so pre 10/1 DX would be I9 and 10/1 and future would be in I10.