number of elements

ggparker14

True Blue
Best answers
Patient states " I have had a lot on me today, past couple of days. C/O shortness of breath. C/O being nervous more than usual. His dad died 3 weeks ago and he had a daughter died 3 years ago. Thinks he needs some counseling. Not suicidal.

Could "not suicidal" in this HPI be considered severity?

Thanks for any help.

MnTwins29

True Blue
Best answers
Yes

I would use that as a severity element. Although I found it a little ironic that like your previous question, a "typical" or "usual" level was used in the description here as well. At least this time, "usual" didn't have to be considered!

btadlock1

Best answers
Patient states " I have had a lot on me today, past couple of days. C/O shortness of breath. C/O being nervous more than usual. His dad died 3 weeks ago and he had a daughter died 3 years ago. Thinks he needs some counseling. Not suicidal.

Could "not suicidal" in this HPI be considered severity?

Thanks for any help.
"Past couple of days" = Duration
"Shortness of Breath" = Associated signs/sx
"C/O being more nervous than usual" = Severity
"His dad died 3 weeks ago and he had a daughter died 3 years ago." = Context (assuming that the CC is anxiety of some sort)

"Not suicidal" could be counted as severity, I suppose - if he's stressed out, then not being stressed to the point of wanting to kill himself, sort of defines the severity of his condition; but, unless there's no other PFSH listed that you could use (since the family deaths could also count for that), I'd say you probably don't need it. Hope that helps! ;)