Wiki Nurse Practitioner

lkeithcpc

Networker
Best answers
A fellow coder posed this question to me and I wasn't sure what to tell her...
What do you do if you have a nurse practitioner provide a service they are not qualified to do? She said she would not bill for the service, but are there other ramifications? Where can you find what out services a nurse practitioner is qualified to do? We are in Ohio.

There should be an agency at the state level similar to what we have, which we call the Board of Healing arts. They should be able to answer all. Try starting with the department of Health and Human Services. And I would think there would be hugh ramifications!

NP Billing for the State of Missouri

Does anyone know where I can find information on NP billing guidelines for the State of Missouri? I went to the Ohio link below, then googled Missouri but couldn't find it.

Basically needing to know what NP's can and can't do in Missouri and also the physician presence requirements.

Thanks!! :confused:

Missouri is where I live.. Go to the directory for the state of Missouri and find the number for the board of healing arts, this is divided then into two sections one for the providers and one for the nurses... Speak with the providers section. I do not believe thay have anything available via the web, if so it is new. This is where I have gone to help with all issues related to physicians and NPs.