Wiki Nurse Visit - Pain contracts

cdeveau

Best answers
Hi,

We have contracts with some of our patients on pain meds. Our nurse has been asked to have patients come in to see them and count there meds, review their contracts and counsel. Is there a dx code to go with 99211 that would be appropriate? :rolleyes:

Thank you for your help.

Connie

Hi,

We have contracts with some of our patients on pain meds. Our nurse has been asked to have patients come in to see them and count there meds, review their contracts and counsel. Is there a dx code to go with 99211 that would be appropriate? :rolleyes:

Thank you for your help.

Connie

No, if they are just seeing the nurse you cannot bill any service beyond the 99211.

***Whoa sorry just re-read this answer and it totally does not make sense...i did not read the question very well but I see someone else gave you a very correct answer! Guess I was tired that day!!...lol

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for your help.

Connie

Your dx code for this is V58.83 and V58.61 secondary