Wiki O32 vs O64 for Brow presentation

jpetit

Best answers
Are the O32 ICD 10 codes specifically for before birth and O64 codes for childbirth? For example, how do I distinguish between O32.3 Brow presentation and O64.3 Obstructed labor due to brow presentation? Under O32 Includes, I do read that O32 includes reason for observation, hospitalization or other ob care of mother or cesarean delivery before onset of labor. I'm guessing O32 codes are not used during childbirth or if the mother is in labor. Is this correct? If she is in labor and undergoing a c section head at -2 station & failing to progress, , brow presentation and macrosomia, I stay away from the O32 codes?

Are the O32 ICD 10 codes specifically for before birth and O64 codes for childbirth? For example, how do I distinguish between O32.3 Brow presentation and O64.3 Obstructed labor due to brow presentation? Under O32 Includes, I do read that O32 includes reason for observation, hospitalization or other ob care of mother or cesarean delivery before onset of labor. I'm guessing O32 codes are not used during childbirth or if the mother is in labor. Is this correct? If she is in labor and undergoing a c section head at -2 station & failing to progress, , brow presentation and macrosomia, I stay away from the O32 codes?
You are correct. O32 is used prior to delivery or the reason for a cesarean prior to the onset of labor. O64 is used due to this condition affecting labor and may lead to a cesarean.