Wiki O69.1XX0-single gestation

Hello!!United health care recognizes this dx code O69.1XX0 for multiple gestations, any ideas of a slighty different code for single gestation (N.York). Thank you
The final digit of 0 represents a singleton pregnancy. If there were twins and twin 1 was affected you would have coded O69.1xx1 and if twin 2 was affected O69.1xx2. This is stated in the ICD10 guidelines (Chapter 15 codes):
Assign 7th character “0”:
• For single gestations
• When the documentation in the record is insufficient to determine the fetus affected and it is not possible to obtain clarification
.• When it is not possible to clinically determine which fetus is affected.

transparent.gif

My general rule is code correctly by coding guidelines unless you have advice from the carrier IN WRITING to follow some other guideline. I would appeal this and literally copy the page in the guidelines as part of my appeal. Just because UHC doesn't recognize the correct code does not mean you should intentionally bill an incorrect code.

Thank you so much for the chat and the opinion!!
My general rule is code correctly by coding guidelines unless you have advice from the carrier IN WRITING to follow some other guideline. I would appeal this and literally copy the page in the guidelines as part of my appeal. Just because UHC doesn't recognize the correct code does not mean you should intentionally bill an incorrect code.
Thank you so much for the chat and opinion!!Of course it sounds right!!!