Question O80 and D62

mllivers

Networker
Best answers
Hi, I am coding a delivery and the hospital used O80 and D62, can anyone tell me if you can code them together? I know it says you can't use O80 with any other code from chapter 15 but I can't find anything saying if this is correct.

TIA!

kpeterson15

Networker
Best answers
The O80 is for normal uncomplicated delivery so since the patient had acute posthemorrhagic anemia it would not be a normal delivery. It would be delivery, complicated by in the index. Not sure the exact code for that at the moment but that could be a starting point to look up the code.

Normal delivery is a very slim category such as minimal assistance, vaginal birth, no other complications, single gestation, etc.

mllivers

Networker
Best answers
The O80 is for normal uncomplicated delivery so since the patient had acute posthemorrhagic anemia it would not be a normal delivery. It would be delivery, complicated by in the index. Not sure the exact code for that at the moment but that could be a starting point to look up the code.

Normal delivery is a very slim category such as minimal assistance, vaginal birth, no other complications, single gestation, etc.
That's what I was thinking but I just needed to double check, thank you!