Wiki OB CODING HELP PLEASE

CCANTER

Networker
Best answers
I am needing help with the ICD 10 dx codes for this ob patient. The patient had a cesarean delivery due to the following diagnosis
1. Failure to descent in second stage of labor
2. Failed vacuum delivery
3. Cephalopelvic disproportion
My question is do I code the failure to descent causing obstructed labor.
Or do I code the cephalopelvic disproportion causing obstructed labor.
Or do I code these both diagnosis (1&2) causing obstructed labor

This is what I would use personally:

O66.5, O62.1, O33.9

i dont think i would use any addtl codes for obstructed labor, however i would need to see the op note details to be sure

I agree with O66.5, O62, however O33.9 is incorrect- this code is for maternal care prior to labor and delivery. Excludes 1 Note disproportion with obstructed labor (O65-O66) (O65-O66.9)
I.C.15.b.4,5 see guidelines for sequencing

I agree with O66.5, O62, however O33.9 is incorrect- this code is for maternal care prior to labor and delivery. Excludes 1 Note disproportion with obstructed labor (O65-O66) (O65-O66.9)
I.C.15.b.4,5 see guidelines for sequencing
Thank you. My question is then do i code the cephalopelvic disproportion as O65.9 obstructed labor due to maternal pelvic abnormality. Or do i just not code the CPD at all. And only the other 2 dxs?

I am needing help with the ICD 10 dx codes for this ob patient. The patient had a cesarean delivery due to the following diagnosis
1. Failure to descent in second stage of labor
2. Failed vacuum delivery
3. Cephalopelvic disproportion
My question is do I code the failure to descent causing obstructed labor.
Or do I code the cephalopelvic disproportion causing obstructed labor.
Or do I code these both diagnosis (1&2) causing obstructed labor
Cephalopelvic disproportion is O65.4 (the same thing as fetopelvic disproportion). And it would be this condition that led to failure of descent (O62.1). The failed vacuum delivery then should also be mentioned (O66.5).