Wiki OB/GYN Coders Help please!!

Best answers
Need some help please!

I have to post charges for a patient that had a cesarean section with tubuligation at 10:49 and I know the codes for this are 59510 and 58611. Patient had delayed PP hemorrhage and was taken back to the OR at 4:45 pm for a D & C with attempted Bakri Balloon. She continued to hemorrhage so the doctor performed an Abdominal Supercervical Hysterectomy. My question is do I still bill 59525 or would I bill 58180?

yes we have to bill both D&C and hysterectomy with 59 or XE modifier since it is done on the same day of c section. please check whether d&c is complete or not. Then both hysterectomy and D&C are done on the same operative episode. Hope this helps.

yes we have to bill both D&C and hysterectomy with 59 or XE modifier since it is done on the same day of c section. please check whether d&c is complete or not. Then both hysterectomy and D&C are done on the same operative episode. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response, but for the hysterectomy would it be 59525 or 58180 since it was done hours after C-section I would think it would be 58180. I think I am overthinking this one. CPT 59525 to me means at time of the C-section. I am still fairly new at OB coding and I am really trying to learn. Thank you In advance!

Thank you for your response, but for the hysterectomy would it be 59525 or 58180 since it was done hours after C-section I would think it would be 58180. I think I am overthinking this one. CPT 59525 to me means at time of the C-section. I am still fairly new at OB coding and I am really trying to learn. Thank you In advance!
yes.. 58180 only since it is done after some time of c section