Wiki OB/GYN ICD-10 question

tgross

New
Best answers
A pregnant patient is being seen in the office who has MTHFR. MTHFR is coded as E72.12 in ICD-10. I know the primary code should be O99.283, but do I also add the E72.12 as a secondary code? I am leaning toward 'yes' so that the MTHFR is documented and not just the 'Endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases complicating pregnancy'. Thoughts??

OB GYN ICD-10 Question

The guidelines support your thinking on this. "Additional codes from other chapters may be used in conjunction with chapter 15 codes to further specify conditions." This is also supported by the instruction to report diabetes E codes in addition to codes in category O24.

Hope that is helpful.

Billing O99.283

Hello, I am still trying to get familiar with this new billing and adding add'l codes. I have a pt with a cpt of O99.283, but I am not sure how to bill the additional code. Can someone help me:confused:

Hello, I am still trying to get familiar with this new billing and adding add'l codes. I have a pt with a cpt of O99.283, but I am not sure how to bill the additional code. Can someone help me:confused:

the provider will need to document what the endocrine condition is before you can code the O99.283 the you add that E code as a seconday code to the O99.283