Wiki OB Sonos

Best answers
How many sonograms do your ob's order during pregnancy and when in the pregnancy are they ordered. I have multiple providers and it seems the newer ones are ordering third trimester sonograms, which the other providers have not historically ordered unless there was a medical indication for the additional sonogram. I'm unable to find a statement from ACOG on the number of appropriate sonograms. Anyone have any thoughts that might be insightful? Thanks in advance!

How many sonograms do your ob's order during pregnancy and when in the pregnancy are they ordered. I have multiple providers and it seems the newer ones are ordering third trimester sonograms, which the other providers have not historically ordered unless there was a medical indication for the additional sonogram. I'm unable to find a statement from ACOG on the number of appropriate sonograms. Anyone have any thoughts that might be insightful? Thanks in advance!
ACOG has published a Practice Bulletin (No. 175, Ultrasound in Pregnancy) topic which you can access if your physicians are ACOG members via www.acog.org. Also, there is a Guidelines paper on fetal surveillance during pregnancy that you can access at https://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/0901/p1184.html.