Wiki OBGYN coding conferences?

mmckibbin

Contributor
Best answers
Hi I'm relatively new to coding, I've only been coding for 2 years. I have been debating going for my OBGYN specialty coding, but I can't find any OBGYN specialty webinars or conferences. I know when you get more specialties part of your CEU's have to be in that specialty. I also have a lot of e/m questions about office visits and such but it's hard to get answers that actually help because usually the person answering those questions in the other forum are PCP offices. I don't have anyone at my clinic to ask because I am their visit certified coder ever. Does anyone know of any OBGYN specialty places to go or websites anything?

Hi I'm relatively new to coding, I've only been coding for 2 years. I have been debating going for my OBGYN specialty coding, but I can't find any OBGYN specialty webinars or conferences. I know when you get more specialties part of your CEU's have to be in that specialty. I also have a lot of e/m questions about office visits and such but it's hard to get answers that actually help because usually the person answering those questions in the other forum are PCP offices. I don't have anyone at my clinic to ask because I am their visit certified coder ever. Does anyone know of any OBGYN specialty places to go or websites anything?
ACOG is now offering "Coding on Demand" courses you should check out: https://www.acog.org/education-and-events/webinars/coding-on-demand. Their onsite courses require the attendance of a physician from the practice for staff to attend, but it looks like these courses are open to staff independently (for a fee of course) so long as your physician signs you up for it. McVey Associates also have some courses in 2024 (http://www.mcveyseminars.com/index.php?crn=224) although I highly recommend the ACOG courses over anything else. I used to do these webinars for the Coding Institute (now merged with AAPC) but I don't see any current webinars being offered by them for 2024. They may still have some on demand webinars that are can be viewed if the information has not changed.

I would also highly recommend any resource from ACOG. Even without taking their new course offerings, there are a lot resources available on their website at no charge if you are registered and login. It won't give you any CEUs, but it will give you knowledge. 🤓