Wiki Observation to inpatient

Best answers
Wondering appropriate code for OBS stay to inpatient...Patient was admitted on one day as observation. The next day discharged and admitted to inpatient but then transferred within 5 hours.

G0378 for the number of hours in observation. Be advised you most likely won't get paid. (the default pmt starts at 8 hours; however, you want to report your hours it will help determine the baseline in 2 years)

I am looking more so into the appropriate CPT code for this patient. Admitted at 1907 on one day to observation and discharged the next day to inpatient at 1100 then transferred out from inpatient at 1600. CPT book states if they are admitted and discharged the same day from either observation or inpatient to code 99234-99236. But I found a place where it stated to code observation admission code and can't code the discharge code with inpatient admission code so wondering how it would work to code observation admission code and then can I code 99234-99236 as patient admitted and discharged the same day for inpatient?