Wiki observations after completing the first CPC practice exam

Best answers
I completed the first of my CPC program's three practice exams last night. It took me 2-3 days.

To my surprise, it's much easier than the 150-question practice exam I took out of a slightly outdated book. On that test, I passed with only a flat 70 on the first attempt; spent at least a solid week puzzling over some of my errors (even with rationales); and ultimately could never score higher than about 86. That test was formidable. But this "official" practice exam? Although I scored only 76 on the first attempt, most of my wrong answers were "silly mistakes" that I immediately recognized and can chalk up to not reading carefully enough. The exam lets one correct one's errors and re-grade; so within an hour, I had corrected every single error (mostly without looking at the rationales) and had reached a perfect score. Also, I did this while tired after work.

Being a ruthlessly objective thinker, I know this result shows not so much that I'm good as that the practice test is simply not as challenging as it could be. (Although I have realized that the three tests might be progressively more difficult. Perhaps I'll fail the second and third exams.)

I don't have the allegedly more difficult exam book with me, but it's this book, if anyone recognizes it. https://www.amazon.com/Practice-Exam-2020-proctor-examinee/dp/1674713371/ref=sr_1_3?crid=37IACFXPA3R22&dchild=1&keywords=2020+cpc+practice+exam+150+questions&qid=1628879885&sprefix=2020+cpc+pra,aps,192&sr=8-3

What I learned from this first practice exam is that I make "silly mistakes" far too easily and must be more careful.

Who wants to tell me that it simply does not reflect the real exam's difficulty?