Wiki OCS Exam - right direction

rhotonscott

Networker
Best answers
Thinking of taking the OSC exam, but not wanting to pay 700 dollars for study material. Anyone out there who can steer me in the right direction.

Debra Miller, COT,OCS, (CPC in-training)

I have coded Ophthalmology for over 20 years, and when I took the test the first time I studied Coding Companion for Ophthalmology by Ingenix, $199.95. The test really gets into the fine points of the various surgical subspecialties, i.e. Cornea, Glaucoma, Vitreoretina, Neuroophthalmology, Oculoplastics, Pediatrics. There are a lot of new procedures particularly in Cornea, such as partial thickness corneal transplants that replace just the poorly functioning layers and leaving the healthy tissues in place. You really have to be an all around ophthalmic coder to pass it. Having only worked in a general practice would require greater study. Hope that's helpful. It is an self-directed test that allows a number of months to return. Good luck! We could use more coders in this speciality.

OCS exam

Order the study guides is extremely helpful when takeing the exam. I am new to eye coding having coded other specialities and I found that most of the answers are somewhere in the study guides.

Would happen to have an audit tool you could share with me? Our practice has signed on 2 ophthamologist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.