• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 30th Nov, 2021. The site will be offline from 8:30PM (MT) till 10:30 PM MT. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Office ultrasound for joint injections

madgejones10

Best answers
I have searched every thread and still no answer to the following... We also just purchased ultrasound machine which is used for "needle placement" for injections. It would SEEM that only 76942 plus 20610 and J1030 (as an example) could be billed. I do not know about modifiers. I also do not know if we could bill 76881 or 76882 even though we have pictures for the chart. What is the difference between 76881 (complete) and 76882 (anatomic specific) and what kind of documentation is required? If ultrasound is used just for needle placement, is 76942 the only code to charge with the injection ??