Wiki Office visit question

HKOFOID

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know if you have a visit scheduled for a patient's family to be counseled about the patient's condition (patient has just been put on hospice) can you bill out a regular e/m visit based on counseling time, since it states face to face with the patient and/or family?

Thank you!

Also, the doctor just informed me, she is meeting with the family at the nursing facility where the patient is staying. Everything I am reading tells me there is no way to bill for this service. Any other information?

Since the encounter is taking place in an SNF, I think this service would be covered as part of the Initial visit code (99304-99306).

Since the encounter is taking place in an SNF, I think this service would be covered as part of the Initial visit code (99304-99306).

Yes, but the doctor seen the patient in the SNF Yesterday initially. She is meeting with just the family tomorrow. Is this something that you can bill the family for, since most of what I have read states medicare will not pay without the patient present?

Hi
is there an e&m code to use if the family comes in without the patient but the patient has medicare. I said to use 96155 since consult codes are no longer available. Does anyone have another suggestion?
Thanks