Wiki oncology-rad testing dx

umcanes4

Guru
Best answers
Hello everyone!!

I am looking to see what some of you may use for a diagnosis below when scheduling ECHOs or any cardo testing on a cancer patient:

LVEF due to potentially cardiotoxic antineoplastic

This is from 2015 prior to ICD-10 so the only 2 codes that I see could work would be:

V67.51 FOLLOW-UP EXAMINATION FOLLOWING COMPLETED TREATMENT WITH HIGH-RISK MEDICATION NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED
963.1 POISONING BY ANTINEOPLASTIC AND IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE DRUGS

I only have a script stating LVEF due to potentially cardiotoxic antineoplastic so I can't assume they have rec'd & completed chemo and/or have been poisoned by it, right?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone!!

I am looking to see what some of you may use for a diagnosis below when scheduling ECHOs or any cardo testing on a cancer patient:

LVEF due to potentially cardiotoxic antineoplastic

This is from 2015 prior to ICD-10 so the only 2 codes that I see could work would be:

V67.51 FOLLOW-UP EXAMINATION FOLLOWING COMPLETED TREATMENT WITH HIGH-RISK MEDICATION NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED
963.1 POISONING BY ANTINEOPLASTIC AND IMMUNOSUPPRESSIVE DRUGS

I only have a script stating LVEF due to potentially cardiotoxic antineoplastic so I can't assume they have rec'd & completed chemo and/or have been poisoned by it, right?

Thanks in advance!

You're correct that you can't assume they've completed chemo or that they've actually been poisoned. However, the test is being ordered to evaluate for a condition that would specifically arise if a person had received chemotherapy or been exposed to that particular type of drug. So you could use an exposure to/contact with diagnosis. Maybe Z77.29 Contact with and (suspected ) exposure to other hazardous substances?? That would eliminate the assumption that they actually HAD chemo, but still leave in the possibility that they had been exposed to the drug.