Wiki OON payment

Blackhorse

Guru
Best answers
We performed many Covid testing for OON patients. I'm wondering is there a fee schedule for OON payment or we just take whatever the payment the payer wants to pay us. The reason I'm asking this question is because we have an Aetna PT had 5 testing with us, we got paid 5 different amount for U0003. I called Aetna a couple times and nobody can explain to me why those payment are different.

I think they honestly just pay whatever they want. There isn’t any fees associated with being out of network that I have seen. I think we are just at the payers mercy being an OON lab

My lab is out of network with most insurance companies (just not aetna) but with the other insurance companies we send an UCR-Usual customary rate appeal. Most of the time the insurance company does pay additional. You can try that route!

My lab is out of network with most insurance companies (just not aetna) but with the other insurance companies we send an UCR-Usual customary rate appeal. Most of the time the insurance company does pay additional. You can try that route!
Thank so much for the good idea.

How do you come up with a UCR? I am doing my researching but unsure how you come up with the amount of a UCR per procedure?