Wiki OON proposals

Klynch49

Contributor
Best answers
Looking for some advice in regards to out of network proposals from Multi-plan. Saw a thread awhile back that stated to never negotiate with these guys. I have tried this and the claim will process with the "proposed" amount anyway. We then appeal to no avail!

Provider is OON plastic surgeon who is called to the ER for "bad" plastic surgery cases where he is literally saving their lives! He deserves more than these low rates!

Any advice would be grateful.

OON Proposals and Underpayment Options

Keep in mind that Multiplan and other repricers of the world are only after a hefty percentage of your check (ie up to 30% depending on savings). Their involvement is neither "compliant" or required in order to get paid "fairly or expediently" as claimed. If you want to have fun in responding to them, merely ask when they call what their direct business relationship is with the patient. They will try to skirt the answer, but keep asking the question until they tell you the truth. They do not have any direct business relationship with the patient. Keep in mind at that point that they are not the insurance company and you have to meet minimum HIPAA security requirements. Has the patient authorized you to discuss any PHI (including claims information) with a "repricing vendor" who does not qualify as a "covered entity." At the point that you establish there is no direct business relationship with the patient, you can merely say that in keeping with minimum HIPAA security requirements, you are not in a position to discuss patient PHI with them. They hang up frustrated and you hang up with smile! Now as it pertains to underpayments for OON surgical services rendered, there are relevant laws that insurance companies tend to turn a blind eye to to enhance their profitability. These laws protect provider revenue whether in or out of network, especially revenue associated with emergency related surgical and medical treatment. If you would like to discuss some options available to recover unfair insurance underpayments or denials I can go over some revenue protections and recovery options available, you can contact me offline, my phone number is 770-378-7178. Additional information regarding revenue regulated protections can be found on medrevenuesolutions.com.

OON Proposals and Underpayment Options

Looking for some advice in regards to out of network proposals from Multi-plan. Saw a thread awhile back that stated to never negotiate with these guys. I have tried this and the claim will process with the "proposed" amount anyway. We then appeal to no avail!

Provider is OON plastic surgeon who is called to the ER for "bad" plastic surgery cases where he is literally saving their lives! He deserves more than these low rates!

Any advice would be grateful.

See post below

response

Keep in mind that Multiplan and other repricers of the world are only after a hefty percentage of your check (ie up to 30% depending on savings). Their involvement is neither "compliant" or required in order to get paid "fairly or expediently" as claimed. If you want to have fun in responding to them, merely ask when they call what their direct business relationship is with the patient. They will try to skirt the answer, but keep asking the question until they tell you the truth. They do not have any direct business relationship with the patient. Keep in mind at that point that they are not the insurance company and you have to meet minimum HIPAA security requirements. Has the patient authorized you to discuss any PHI (including claims information) with a "repricing vendor" who does not qualify as a "covered entity." At the point that you establish there is no direct business relationship with the patient, you can merely say that in keeping with minimum HIPAA security requirements, you are not in a position to discuss patient PHI with them. They hang up frustrated and you hang up with smile! Now as it pertains to underpayments for OON surgical services rendered, there are relevant laws that insurance companies tend to turn a blind eye to to enhance their profitability. These laws protect provider revenue whether in or out of network, especially revenue associated with emergency related surgical and medical treatment. If you would like to discuss some options available to recover unfair insurance underpayments or denials I can go over some revenue protections and recovery options available, you can contact me offline, my phone number is 770-378-7178. Additional information regarding revenue regulated protections can be found on medrevenuesolutions.com.

Thank you for the response. I reached out to you by email a few days ago, but have not heard back.