Wiki Ortho hand coders please help!

lsimkins

Best answers
I am really struggling with a code for the following procedure (this is the second surgery, first was CMC LRTI)
Dx: Bow stringing of the extensor tendon from the extensor retinaculum
Procedure: Extensor tendon retinaculum reconstruction with thigh fasica lata autograft

Proximal thigh, made incision to the fascial layer, cleared with Cobb elevator and removed a rectangular piece of retinaculum 3cm by 2cm wide. After this was harvested, I placed some closing suture. We then brought that over and opened the incision on the dorsum of the wrist that had been used for incision many years ago, swung the extensor tendons to the side, identified some thick fascia paratenon that we could use on each side of the extensor tendons to secure this down so it was secured on the ulnar side, passed over the top of the extensor tendons, and secured on the radial side. We had good full thickness skin flaps that were used to cover over the top.

I would really appreciate any help! Thank you!!

Thanks for your help! I think that 25275 is just what I was looking for. I did not make my question very clear...this was the second procedure performed on the same day so it would not be considered a secondary repair. Thank you again!