Wiki Orthopedics in Northeastern Massachusetts

sjmilward

New
Best answers
Hey everyone, hope all is well. I work for a physicians group in an orthopedic setting 20 minutes north of Boston, and would love if anyone knows of any webinars or seminars in this area I could attend. I code out for PT/OT, the orthopedic surgeons, and pain management doctors. I am looking to be able to just mesh everything I learned, all the notes I took and be able to grasp it as a whole (if that makes sense). With all the different rules with payers, I would just love some insight on all of it. Webinars, seminars, or even websites I could be directed to. Some examples are 1. Do all insurances accept -50 on bilateral pain management injections, I know Medicare does. 2. How many pain management injections per year do the different insurances allow, because they are all different and 3. How do you code out a BC/BS patient who came in for 2 different cortisone injections in 2 different joints. Just a bunch of questions to make sure I am doing this absolutely correctly. If anyone could stare me in any direction (lol) That would be awesome!! I am willing to attend any seminar in area or log into any webinar and any feedback of websites I could sign up for to get myself organized. Thanks a ton!! Stacy :)

Last edited:
Hi, Stacy. Since these are all payer-specific rules, you're probably going to have better luck getting answers by contacting the provider services representatives at the insurance companies (or look up the payer policies online), than you would if you went to a workshop or viewed a webinar. Workshops are going to teach you to code based on CPT, not on payer policies, which are specific to your geographical region. Good luck.