Wiki osteotomy tibia with tibial tubercle transfer

Bentley18

New
Best answers
My OS performed 1st an arthroscopic debridement of the patella and patellofemoral joint with a two compartment synovectomy THEN proceeded with an OPEN osteotomy of the tibia with tibial tubercle elevation and transfer. Patient's diagnosis is osteoarthritis patellofemoral joint. I know I will use the 27418 for the tibial tubercle transfer. Any thoughts or suggestions for the arthroscopic part of the surgery?? ?? included with 27418

thanks,
Donna P
:)

My OS performed 1st an arthroscopic debridement of the patella and patellofemoral joint with a two compartment synovectomy THEN proceeded with an OPEN osteotomy of the tibia with tibial tubercle elevation and transfer. Patient's diagnosis is osteoarthritis patellofemoral joint. I know I will use the 27418 for the tibial tubercle transfer. Any thoughts or suggestions for the arthroscopic part of the surgery?? ?? included with 27418

thanks,
Donna P
:)

look at 29876

thanks for the reply! My understanding is that you cannot bill an arthroscopic procedure converted to an open procedure on the same surgery site ??!!

thanks for the reply! My understanding is that you cannot bill an arthroscopic procedure converted to an open procedure on the same surgery site ??!!

That's correct but an otseotomy of tibia and synovectomy of knee should be separate. I don't think they bundle but you can double check - do you have CodeX?