Wiki Outcomes Remote Coding positions

gentrta1

Best answers
Requesting some input and opinions on the company Outcomes, Inc. as I am in the process of securing part time remote coding with them.
Please share the good,bad and the ugly! :)

Thank you!
Tamara

if you want charts with 100+ dos in them and get paid only $5.00 to do them go for it... otherwise you are not going to make anything. Outcomes sucks.

I have been fortunate with Outcomes. Granted I do not recommend them for full time employment as there is quite a bit of work and not the highest of pay. But I have a full time remote position and took on Outcomes for some extra holiday cash. :) My charts have been a max of 5 DOS... I am sure I will encounter some larger ones but I knew what I was getting into when I started with them. You will also encouter down time during projects that can last over a month or so.. As of now I have had nothing but a positive experience.

Best of luck!

Outcomes

I have been working for Outcomes for 4 weeks and so far I like it. So far I havn't received any charts with more than 8 DOS. I know someone who has worked with them for a couple of years and she has expericened receiving charts with 70+ pages. The work is pretty easy since you only code diagnoses. They pay $5 for outpatient charts and $8 for inpatient charts.

Outcomes

What do you need to have to get started with them? Do
you use an encoder, or books? What type of home equipment do
you need i.e. fax?
Thanks!

How do you apply for a position with them? I just got my hours cut for the remote place i work for now.

Jenny

Does anybody know of resources that may either assist with resume writing or have any examples? I am a CPC-A, have completed an externship in auditing and radiology, but never having written a coding resume, am not sure how to word my experience so far. Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.