Wiki Outside the box arthroscopic procedures

Kelly_Josephine

Networker
Best answers
I am new to coding and working remotely for ASC - I am having trouble with a case where the surgeon did 1. subtalar extensive debridement of posterior subtalar joint with microfracture of osteochindral lesion 2. arthroscopy assisted os trigonum excision. I spent some time researching this and came up with:
29906-LT Arthroscopy, subtalar joint, surgical; with debridement
29892-LT Arthroscopically aided repair of large osteochondritis dissecans lesion, talar dome fracture, or tibial plafond fracture, with or without internal fixation (includes arthroscopy)
732.7 Osteochondritis dissecans
755.67 Anomalies of foot, not elsewhere classified
716.97 Unspecified arthropathy, ankle and foot

My big issue with 29892 it was more on an excision than repair... Pretty sure will not get payment for 29892 and was hoping I was just blind to the better option. If it was open, I would have called it a 28120. I'd love to know if this should be coded another way...

I am I missing something about arthroscopy coding - there are so few codes compared to open procedures and it seems like there is little a surgeon can do without stepping into 29999 territory? Does anyone have favorite guides they use to help navigate their choices and speedily confirm which procedures bundle steps not included in descriptions and the layman's terms that I get with my encoder?