Wiki own billing company

When I had my own company (I gave it up because I was working full time AND doing billing from home), I charged for every dollar that came in if the provider wanted me to track it. Meaning, if they had a cash pay patient that they collected from every visit, then they didn't have to report it to me and I didn't have to collect my percentage. HOWEVER, if they wanted me to track it, in case the patient didn't pay every time, or if the patient wanted a statement at the end of the year and the provider wanted me to be able to produce it, then I did charge my percentage.

So yes, I charged for copays collected in the office. I still had to post it, and I still had to bill if they owed additional money, and I still had to produce statements for tax purposes for any patient that asked.

One doctor received a monthly stipend for doing some work at a hospital. Since the stipend came automatically every month, and I didn't have to do anything with it, I told him just to put it into his bank account and I didn't need to charge my percentage. Now, if he wanted me to produce an income statement at the end of the year, then I needed to track it (he just used one bank account for business, so he could use that at the end of the year instead of asking me).