Wiki Pain Management and Medicaid

cholcombe

New
Best answers
I work for a multi specialty practice who just onboarded an Interventional Pain Management provider. Does Medicaid pay for pain management procedures?

Isn't it a little late to be asking this question? Shouldn't someone have asked this before you brought them on?

Medicaid will pay for some services. Ask for an auth for everything, until you know what can be done without it.

Well that was a bit RUDE Sharon. I don't do the hiring. Thanks for your input.

Easy there, Killer. The "you" in "before you brought them on" wasn't directed at YOU, it was a generic "you"... meaning, whoever made this HUGE financial decision without asking you for the logistics. They have put YOU in a bad place because they made this decision and now they're expecting you to rescue them and make it all good.

About a month ago, my boss (sole practitioner) asked about bringing on another MD. He wanted to know if there was any way to get around the credentialing waiting time before the new MD could see patients in-network. He was thinking of treating her like a PA and doing incident-to. I put the kibosh on that. Told him the only patients she could see would be cash patients and one particular plan that we are out of network with. And then I thanked him for asking me.