• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten your username or password use our password reminder tool. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..
  • Important Note: We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on 1st November 2020. The site will be offline from 7:30PM (MT) till midnight. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Pain Management code 63650

ollielooya

True Blue
Best answers
From what I can see per the 2012 MCR guidelines there is a status indicator of "0" for this code which mean that LT/RT or bi-lateral status cannot be assigned. Not sure about private payers. You'd have to view their policies or call.

jessica33

New
Best answers
Pain Management 63650

Thanks for your quick response this was a Medicare patient can you send me documentation to support that or tell me where I can go to read up/get more info. Is it appropriate bill units or should this code be billed alone with no modifiers/units?

dwaldman

True Blue
Best answers
You can report as such

63650-51 additional note: Placement of Second Array

From AMA CPT Assistant Dec 2008

"....both the 63650-63660 and 64553-64581 series of codes, placement of any additional electrode catheter(s) or plate(s)/paddle(s) should be separately reported by appending either modifier 51 (same anatomic site) or modifier 59 (different anatomic site) to the appropriate code. For example, if two plates/paddles are placed, codes 64555 and 64555-51 or 64555 and 64555-59 should be reported."