Wiki Palatoplasty with bone graft CPT Code 42210

Deweybd

New
Best answers
Code 42210 "Palatoplasty for cleft palate, with closure of alveolar ridge; with bone graft to alveolar ridge (includes obtaining graft)
Usually when a code says with bone graft including obtaining graft you would not use an additional code to report the graft, but in the CPT Course it says in the paragraph talking about "Palatoplasty (42200-42225)..." it says
If a bone graft is utilized at the time of the palatoplasty, the graft should be reported in addition to the palatoplasty.

Can someone help me understand this please?
Thank you!

Code 42210 "Palatoplasty for cleft palate, with closure of alveolar ridge; with bone graft to alveolar ridge (includes obtaining graft)
Usually when a code says with bone graft including obtaining graft you would not use an additional code to report the graft, but in the CPT Course it says in the paragraph talking about "Palatoplasty (42200-42225)..." it says
If a bone graft is utilized at the time of the palatoplasty, the graft should be reported in addition to the palatoplasty.

Can someone help me understand this please?
Thank you!
I have looked at my CPT book, EncoderPro, Auditors' Desk Reference and the Coders' Desk Reference for Procedures, and I can find nothing that states the graft should be reported in addition to the palatoplasty.

I have looked at my CPT book, EncoderPro, Auditors' Desk Reference and the Coders' Desk Reference for Procedures, and I can find nothing that states the graft should be reported in addition to the palatoplasty.
Thank you for looking! I can't find anywhere besides the AAPC CPC Course that says it should be reported additionally either.
I'll email the CPC Course Coach and update when I get a response.