Wiki PAP Smear

jbhuju

Guru
Best answers
hello all,
i need help please. if patient came for preventive with one provider and came back later for pap smear from different provider do we still bill as preventive for that pap smear visit? or do we bill as regular office visit. i am getting confused on these type of situation. because our providers are using preventive visit code for pap smear visit too and patient had done her preventive a months ago already.
please help and thank you in advance :)

I would check with your payer on their policy for preventive visits.

In our area, BCBS and other commercial payers will allow 2 preventive visits for women: one wellness based and one gynecological. For Medicaid and Medicare, we bill other codes that better describe the service (but we are facility-based and use G and T-codes).

I would check with your payer on their policy for preventive visits.

In our area, BCBS and other commercial payers will allow 2 preventive visits for women: one wellness based and one gynecological. For Medicaid and Medicare, we bill other codes that better describe the service (but we are facility-based and use G and T-codes).
we are the same , we are FQHC, so for medicare do we use G0101 for pap smear visit if we have done G0438/G0439 already ?