Wiki parapharyngeal space lipoma resection? HELP!!!

fortnerj

New
Best answers
I have researched and can not find a CPT code for Resection of lipoma of the parapharyngeal space.
Lipoma was attached to external carotid artery, lingual artery, hypoglossal nerve, spinal accessory nerve & internal jugular vein. Tumor was dissected free in the pre-styloid compartment of the parapharyngeal space. Stylomandibular ligament was released to gain access to tumor.
The tumor was essentially contained within the pre-styloid compartment of the parapharyngeal space and was firmly attached to the skull base.
Any suggestions...
Janel :eek:

parapharyngeal space resection

Hi Janel,
I'm having the exact same problem! My surgery sounds exactly the way you described yours....resection of benign nerve sheath tumor from parapharyngeal space. My provider wants to use a skull base code 61605, but I thought you always had to use an Approach plus a definitive... not just one. Plus, he doesn't crack any bone or anything.
I noticed someone replied with code 21556, but I don't think that is enough for this procedure. I was looking at 64792, or 21554-22. What did you end up using??

Teresa