Wiki Patient Apps

tworrock

Best answers
Hello,

We are a small allergy, asthma, and immunology clinic. We are looking for an all-encompassing HIPAA secure app that allows patients to communicate with us, schedule their own appointments, see their balance and pay bills, complete intake forms, etc. Any recommendations?

Usually this would need to be something that is part of your EHR system. I would reach out to your EHR company.
There are standalone apps for secure messaging only, but then they don't typically integrate with your EHR which would be required to schedule appointments, see balances, etc.
I am not aware of any such apps other than ones part of an EHR system.

EHR certainly should have all these capabilities, however, if you are not using EHR then Medisoft has all these capabilities you mentioned above. check it out.

My employer uses Healow.

From the patient (not the employee) perspective, I can view my past and upcoming appointments as well as any visit notes, lab results, prescriptions, billing statements, etc.

I can also request appointments with my physicians who opt in for appointment scheduling. (My primary does, my GYN does not - both are affiliated with my employer.)

It functions as a telehealth app as well, so any of our physicians' telehealth visits are done through that app.

Our billing system is eClinicalWorks - I'm not sure if you have to be on eCW to use Healow or if it can be compatible with any other systems?