Wiki patient record availability change in November?

trarut

True Blue
Best answers
Hi. (I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this on.) One of my physicians attended a presentation by a local hospital system and was told that there is a new requirement effective November 2020 that all patient records must be released to the patient. No blocking of certain records and no delays in availability. Do any of you know about this?

Thanks,
Tracy

The "no blocking and no delays" was the message from the hospital system - which I can't provide context for since I wasn't present at the presentation. We don't block or delay anything if the patient requests their medical records. It's my understanding we don't make tests results/labs available on the patient portal until the physician has reviewed them (which I think is pretty standard) nor do we release all documents in the chart to the portal at this time. Unfortunately, I wasn't included in that decision making process so I don't know what we do include.

Thanks, I'll check that out. I wasn't finding the right combination of search terms to get any hits.

Edited to add clarification