Wiki PCI Stent following Manual Aspiration Thrombectomy

Ladymed

New
Best answers
Good morning,

I have an operative note that outlines a Manual Aspiration Thrombectomy to the ostial LAD and then follows with a Drug Eluding Stent to the same area. All the research and guidelines say that the Manual Thrombectomy is included in 92941 but there are no notations on if Manual Thrombectomies are included in other intervention codes. If not, I would believe I would have to use the unlisted Cardiology Procedure code (93799) as 92973 can only be used for Mechanical Thrombectomy.

Appreciate any insite with references.

Excerpt from documentation: attached.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 11
Good morning,

I have an operative note that outlines a Manual Aspiration Thrombectomy to the ostial LAD and then follows with a Drug Eluding Stent to the same area. All the research and guidelines say that the Manual Thrombectomy is included in 92941 but there are no notations on if Manual Thrombectomies are included in other intervention codes. If not, I would believe I would have to use the unlisted Cardiology Procedure code (93799) as 92973 can only be used for Mechanical Thrombectomy.

Appreciate any insite with references.

Excerpt from documentation: attached.

Aspiration thrombectomy is not billable alone. However, if the patient is having an MI and it's emergent, then code 92941 for bare metal stent, of C9606 for a drug eluting stent.

HTH,
Jim Pawloski, CIRCC