Wiki Pediatric Screening/Assessments

tbecker

Contributor
Best answers
Can 96127 be billed for without a visit (E/M service) if the screens are filled out and dropped off then reviewed and scored by provider without the patient/parent being present?

Can 96127 be billed for without a visit (E/M service) if the screens are filled out and dropped off then reviewed and scored by provider without the patient/parent being present?
Are the screenings being dropped off prior to an appointment and then the patient isnt showing for the appointment?

Are the screenings being dropped off prior to an appointment and then the patient isnt showing for the appointment?
We are actually having trouble with schools being backed up doing ADHD screens so we were thinking about purchasing the Conners' ADHD rating Scale-Long Version. It would be dropped off then scored and I assume an appointment would be scheduled after the scoring.
Are you familiar with this screen?

We are actually having trouble with schools being backed up doing ADHD screens so we were thinking about purchasing the Conners' ADHD rating Scale-Long Version. It would be dropped off then scored and I assume an appointment would be scheduled after the scoring.
Are you familiar with this screen?
I am not familiar with Conner's. We use the Vanderbilt. In our practice when the patient calls schedule an appointment for an ADD/ADHD we either mail the forms to them or they can print them from our website. We tell them that if we do not have forms on the day of the appointment then we will need to reschedule. If the patient happens to drop off the Vanderbilt form prior to the appointment our receptionists scan them into the patient's chart labeling them with date of appt. Our providers do not look at or score them until the patient comes in for their appointment.