Wiki Pediatric Well visits with immunizations

Best answers
I am getting some conflicting information regarding this. I know Z23 has to be the primary and only diagnosis for the immunizations as well as the immunizations admin codes. But does z23 also get linked as a secondary diagnosis to the well visit diagnosis code? Thanks in advance

I am getting some conflicting information regarding this. I know Z23 has to be the primary and only diagnosis for the immunizations as well as the immunizations admin codes. But does z23 also get linked as a secondary diagnosis to the well visit diagnosis code? Thanks in advance
The ICD-10-CM tabular list includes a code first instruction under code Z23 that instructs to code first any routine childhood examination. This indicates that Z23 is not the first-listed code when provided in conjunction with a routine child health examination.
The tabular list also includes the following inclusion terms under Z00.12 Encounter for routine child health examination:
Health check (routine) for child over 28 days old
Immunizations appropriate for age
Routine developmental screening of infant or child
Routine vision and hearing testing
The ICD-10-CM guidelines also support reporting both the Z00.12- code and Z23 with the instruction, "Code Z23 may be used as a secondary code if the inoculation is given as a routine part of preventive health care, such as a well-baby visit."

I hope this is helpful.
Cindy

The ICD-10-CM tabular list includes a code first instruction under code Z23 that instructs to code first any routine childhood examination. This indicates that Z23 is not the first-listed code when provided in conjunction with a routine child health examination.
The tabular list also includes the following inclusion terms under Z00.12 Encounter for routine child health examination:
Health check (routine) for child over 28 days old
Immunizations appropriate for age
Routine developmental screening of infant or child
Routine vision and hearing testing
The ICD-10-CM guidelines also support reporting both the Z00.12- code and Z23 with the instruction, "Code Z23 may be used as a secondary code if the inoculation is given as a routine part of preventive health care, such as a well-baby visit."

I hope this is helpful.
Cindy
It is helpful, thank you! This information is conflicting with the American Association of Pediatrics. The way they are saying to bill it is quite different. 1605040599993.png