Pediatrics Well Visit Exam

veloso

Guru
Best answers
Hi All,
Please advise if the chart below is correct on how to bill Well Child Exam because in my understanding when the child is 1 year old could be seen only once a year for a well visit and in his following years of age as such as 2,3,4 years old..so on..

at 3 to 5 days after birth
at 1 month old
at 2 months old
at 4 months old
at 6 months old
at 9 months old
at 12 months old

at 15 months old
at 18 months old

at 24 months old
at 30 months old
at 3 years old
at 4 years old

Thank you,
IM

Best answers
Preventive visit schedule

Hi All,
Please advise if the chart below is correct on how to bill Well Child Exam because in my understanding when the child is 1 year old could be seen only once a year for a well visit and in his following years of age as such as 2,3,4 years old..so on..

at 1 month old
at 2 months old
at 4 months old
at 6 months old
at 9 months old
at 12 months old

at 15 months old
at 18 months old

at 24 months old
at 30 months old
at 3 years old
at 4 years old

Thank you,
IM

Annual visits do not begin until the patient is three years old. The health plans that must cover preventive care without out-of-pocket cost will follow the Bright Futures guidelines - https://www.aap.org/en-us/Documents/periodicity_schedule.pdf.
Hope that helps.

Cindy

jschubert

New
Best answers
Hi All,

at 1 month old
at 2 months old
at 4 months old
at 6 months old
at 9 months old
at 12 months old

at 15 months old
at 18 months old

at 24 months old
at 30 months old
at 3 years old
at 4 years old

Thank you,
IM
Yes, that is correct. I believe they could even do a 2-4 week exam if the patient comes in prior to 1 month. children have milestones and immunizations to receive at almost each visit. Our office does immunizations at each visit until they are 2. The 2, 2.5 and 3 year visit they do not receive vaccines as long as they are up to date from the previous visits. But we are still able to do fluoride application 99188.